Redaction Workflow and Declassification Overview
Knowvation DX™ is a document sanitization workflow software that combines standard Knowvation® with advanced semantic indexing and workflow tools. The development of Knowvation DX is a result of PTFS’ extensive experience in successfully meeting some of the most demanding requirements from the DoD and other Federal agencies for Personally Identifiable Information (PII) removal, declassification and FOIA operations.
- Increases productivity with semi-automated reviews that are 10 times faster than a manual process.
- Improves accuracy and reduces the risk of exposing sensitive information.
- Redactor permanently removes sensitive information and associated metadata
- Flexible workflow engine allows the system to quickly adapt to new declass/FOIA or PA requirements
Users can store and modify multiple lists of targeted words or phrases which will be automatically highlighted on the document, notifying users of the pending redaction. The workflow can be fully automated or semi-automated and controlled by an analyst. Use cases include PII removal, litigation support, declassification and FOIA operations. Knowvation DX permanently removes any targeted text along with its associated metadata, including image and hidden text. This prevents identifying or retracting the original word or phrase.
Knowvation DX Technical Capabilities
Knowvation DX provides powerful search capabilities including concept, Boolean, fuzzy text (binary pattern) and wild card search modes. This process eliminates false negatives which can occur during the data capture process including Optical Character Recognition (OCR) errors, a common issue in classification.
Knowvation DX uses a semantic analysis to discover synonyms and related concepts embedded in semantic networks. This allows users to identify other words or expressions for redaction.
Knowvation DX has a robust workflow engine which allows users to rapidly replicate the business process in the application without any programming. Its friendly GUI enables users to initiate ad-hoc processes as needed.
Foreign Language Support
Knowvation DX supports more than 30 languages. It also provides the ability to search in one language while retrieving the results in another.
Users can store and modify multiple lists of targeted words or phrases which will be automatically highlighted on the document, notifying users of the pending redaction.
Knowvation DX permanently removes any targeted text along with its associated metadata, including image and hidden text. This prevents identifying or retracting the original word or phrase.
How Knowvation DX Works
Knowvation DX on AWS Marketplace
Amazon AWS Advantages
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) delivers the financial benefits of Amazon’s scale. There is a very low competitive rate for the computing capacity consumed.
- Amazon AWS provides a seamless Knowvation DX declassification solution for pennies per hour and a discounted annual subscription offers a 25% discount. View Pricing
- A Knowvation DX Amazon Machine Image (AMI) can be deployed in 10 minutes (see AMI setup video)
- EC2 is secure and utilizes an end-to-end approach to protect and harden infrastructure, including physical, operational and software measures.
- Based upon computing requirements, CPU configurations, memory, storage and networking capacity options are offered by selecting different AWS virtual computing environment instances. This allows delivery of a solution that meets required price points.
Comments are closed.