Analysts track volumes of geospatial sensor information and other all-source data obtained from multiple sources. With imagery systems, document databases, and other resources, analysts have a difficult time aggregating so much information on a geographical area of interest during a given time frame, much less quickly compare current and historical data. That’s where Knowvation GS™, PTFS’ enterprise geospatial Content Services Platform comes in.
Knowvation GS meets the challenge by providing discovery, exploitation and dissemination advantages. PTFS’ core software, Knowvation®, is the heart of Knowvation GS. It is a browser-based, full-text search and discovery system for digital collections which allows organizations to manage data within one easy to use system. This solution provides a low cost/low risk solution for analysts to quickly complete their mission.
Knowvation GS Technical Capabilities
Base Map Interface
Knowvation GS offers a selection of base maps to choose from or use any Web Map Service (WMS) base map to provide a graphical method for specifying a search location. Using the map interface, the system displays the geographic location for any type of digital object while the user performs searching operations. Therefore, while retrieving construction drawings of an airport, the user can simultaneously display the satellite view of that airport. Using the same search criteria across a combination of video clips, drone captured images, full text documents and virtually any data presented with easy to use displays streamlines analysts’ workflow.
One System for Managing Geospatial Content
Knowvation GS provides users with an economical solution for analysts to quickly find all information for a geographical target across many data formats during a particular time frame. This is possible because it uses the powerful search and discovery tools found in PTFS’ core software, Knowvation.
How Knowvation GS Works
Knowvation GS Intro Video
Knowvation GS on AWS Marketplace
Amazon AWS Advantages
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) delivers the financial benefits of Amazon’s scale. There is a very low competitive rate for the computing capacity consumed.
- Amazon AWS provides a seamless Knowvation GS enterprise geospatial CSP solution for pennies per hour and a discounted annual subscription offers a 25% discount. View Pricing
- A Knowvation GS Amazon Machine Image (AMI) can be deployed in 10 minutes (see AMI setup video)
- EC2 is secure and utilizes an end-to-end approach to protect and harden infrastructure, including physical, operational and software measures.
- Based upon computing requirements, CPU configurations, memory, storage and networking capacity, options are offered by selecting different AWS virtual computing environment instances. This allows delivery of a solution that meets required price points.
Knowvation GS AMI Setup Video
Knowvation GS Highlights
- Knowvation GS combines full text and geospatial area of interest (AOI) search to locate required information quickly, efficiently and accurately. Pattern, Concept and Boolean search capabilities look for thoughts and not just words.
- Pattern search eliminates false negatives from Optical Character Recognition (OCR), typos and misspellings of different words and names.
- It permits non-GIS data to be geotagged, providing AOI discovery of all source data and a platform for any analytical process.
- Time-lapse chipping of AOI imagery data offers a quick analysis supporting Activity Based Intelligence and persistent surveillance requirements.
- The Knowvation CSP supports agency Object Based Production (OBP) requirements
Comments are closed.